Wednesday, February 1, 2012

welcome

I'm glad you've found my blog. I am a college student recovering from depression, and I want to use what I've been through to help others who are struggling. The most important tool you have when fighting this is your support system. This can include parents, siblings, friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, spouses, coworkers, religious leaders, God, and whoever else helps you. I hope it can also include me.

I'm not going to pretend I have all the answers. I'm still figuring this out myself. But I've come a long way, and I know how much it hurts. I know the struggle you're going through.

This blog is not a place to talk about how horrible you're feeling. This is a place of hope. You can share experiences, you can share your struggles, but keep an eye toward the progress you have made and are making. Even when you fall back, realize it's all part of the process. None of us want to fall back down, but stress has a way of pushing us back toward bad habits. Realize that every day is a new day and you can pick yourself up.

You can choose to be happy, as hard as that seems. What happens around you doesn't control your emotions. That guy that called you fat doesn't control your thoughts.

Depression does not control you.

I know it feels like it does, and that it's hard to believe, but trust me. Your pain can go away. Things will get easier.

Have hope.

I look forward to getting to know you, and to sharing my experiences. I hope that this blog can be a place where I can help you see the good in life, see how you can change the way you look at things.

Until next time, remember that life is beautiful.

♥tg

No comments:

Post a Comment